Just recently, the CDC released their highly anticipated guidelines for people who are now fully vaccinated from COVID-19.
And it seems they have no concern about how Orwellian and absolutely crazy they sound.
In a statement released to the public, they say fully vaccinated have their freedom restored just enough to:
- Visit other vaccinated people indoors without masks or physical distancing
- Visit indoors with unvaccinated people from a single household without masks or physical distancing, if the unvaccinated people are at low risk for severe disease.
- Skip quarantine and testing if exposed to someone who has Covid-19 but is asymptomatic, but should monitor for symptoms for 14 days
- Wear a mask and keep good physical distance around the unvaccinated who are at increased risk for severe Covid-19, or if the unvaccinated person has a household member who is at higher risk
- Wear masks and physically distance when visiting unvaccinated people who are from multiple households.
The statement also says, though, that fully vaccinated people must continue “basic safety precautions” including: wearing a mask, keeping physical distance in public, avoiding medium- and large-sized crowds, and avoiding poorly ventilated public spaces. They also suggest vigorous handwashing and continued testing for COVID-19 if you feel sick.
CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said at the White House briefing Monday that “Covid-19 continues to exert a tremendous toll on our nation. Like you, I want to be able to return to everyday activities and engage with our friends, families, and communities.”
Continuing “Science, and the protection of public health must guide us as we begin to resume these activities. Today’s action represents an important first step. It is not our final destination.””As more people get vaccinated, levels of Covid-19 infection decline in communities, and as our understanding of Covid immunity improves, we look forward to updating these recommendations to the public.”
Can’t wait for the next round of rules!