News

BOB IN, BOB OUT: Will Iger’s Return Help UNWOKE-IFY Disney?

After two long years of massive, catastrophic, and truly avoidable mistakes from Disney CEO Bob Chapek, former CEO Bob Iger will be returning to take back over the helm and hopefully right the ship.

Under Chapek’s leadership, Disney value is down 41% this year (spiked a bit this morning at the announcement of Iger’s return so it’s 36% down now). To understand the magnitude of a 41% loss in value – consider that in 2016 a two-year-old boy was literally eaten by an alligator at Disney World Resorts (by the way – Bob Chapek was in charge of that division at the time) and the stock dipped about 1% despite the story dominating national news for weeks.

So Chapek’s leadership of Disney as CEO has been 41x worse for the company than a little boy getting eaten by an alligator.

Chapek has been embroiled in controversy since day 1. Most notably, he decided that Disney was going to be a very socially progressive mouthpiece and decided to publicly denounce Florida’s Parental Rights in Education bill completely mischaracterizing it as “anti-gay” and using word-for-word talking points from democratic operative organizations. The people of Florida pushed heavily for the Parental Rights bill and it moved through the State Legislature. The people of Florida did not take kindly to Chapek’s decision to weigh in and decided to revoke the tax status of Disney World Resort’s land which has been in place since Walt Disney himself purchased the land. It was a pretty big whiff from Chapek.

On top of that doozy, Chapek, who does not have nearly the sharp political mind of Iger regardless of Iger’s politics, also decided his response to the Florida legislative catastrophe would be that Disney didn’t do political donations at all anymore. That is incredibly stupid in a world where every other corporate competitor is still making donations.

Under Chapek’s leadership, the company also announced renovation to the beloved Splash Mountain ride at the parks to now reflect the Princess and the Frog instead of Song of the South (a film which has been censored due to its depiction of offensive material related to slave songs and stereotypes). The move itself may not have been such a problem except that Chapek decided to make the announcement in the middle of major Black Lives Matter protests sweeping the nation which caused so much destruction that President Trump was considering deploying the National Guard to protect cities. So instead of considering and embracing modernization, consumers felt it was pretty pointed.

He also placed Karey Burke in charge of the Disney Entertainment branch and she was caught on video saying Disney was committed to making at least 50% of the characters “underrepresented” which she explained to mean gay. She also said she believed – because of her child’s offhand comment- that “most people were queer.” Another exec enthusiastically admitted to pushing “the gay agenda.” Hilariously in doing this so far, the Disney team has just shoehorned random gay couples into movies and shows ensuring they are nowhere near starring roles and that the fact of their gayness is relatively obscure and meaningless. All for the progressive gold star.

Regardless of Iger’s politics, he was always a lot better about understanding the relationship between business and open political ideology which is to say: there shouldn’t be a noticeable one. If Iger had a progressive agenda (which he did), he was smart enough to keep it subversive so as to not rankle the core Disney-consuming demographic of midwestern nuclear families. For this reason, Disney shares rose this morning (almost 9%) by the biggest margin since Chapek took over.

Is this the end of Disney wokeism? Too early to tell. While Iger is himself an outspoken democrat and the liberal media is trying to depict this as a boon to wokeism, he never openly infused those politics inside the Disney brand. Anything Iger did was beneath the surface and that is the tactic we may see again. Is it more insidious? I’m not sure but it’s definitely less annoying.

1. Russell Phelps

November 21, 2022 at 7:27 pm

I am making $92 an hour working from home. I never imagined that it was honest to goodness yet my closest companion is earning $16,000 a month by working on a laptop, that was truly astounding for me, she prescribed for me to attempt it simply. Everybody must try this job now by just using this website. http://www.LiveJob247.com

• Monica Berry

November 21, 2022 at 10:27 pm

Make money online from home extra cash more than $18000 to $21000. Start getting paid every month Thousands Dollars online. I have received $26000 in this month by just working online from home in my part time. every person easily do this job by.

just Open This Website…..> https://www.Worksful.com

November 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm

Great article, Mike. I appreciate your work, I’m now creating over $35000 dollars each month simply by doing a simple job online! I do know You currently making a lot of greenbacks online from $28000 dollars, its simple online operating jobs

Just open the link———————————————————>>> http://Www.RichApp1.Com

2. Www.Salaryapp1.com

November 21, 2022 at 11:10 pm

Making additional income consistently from home more than $26k surely with the asset of the utilization of doing smooth reproduction and glue like on-line interest. aqa I really have gotten $18636 from this perfect home revenue Everyone can now makes additional money online with out issue

with the asset of the utilization of——>>>> http://Www.Salaryapp1.com

3. Sarah Elizabeth

November 22, 2022 at 7:07 am

I am making $90 an hour working from home. I never imagined that it was honest to goodness yet my closest companion is earning $16,000 a month by working on a laptop, that was truly astounding for me, she prescribed for me to attempt it simply.
    Everybody must try this job now by just using this website.. http://www.Profit97.com

4. Anglia

November 22, 2022 at 10:48 am

I am currently making at least an extra $37,000 a month from home by doing extraordinarily honest and clean online work from home. t50) Currently be a district of this task and make more money online by accompanying trainings
    on a specific website…….. http://Www.EarnCash7.com

5. LorettaAshcroft

November 22, 2022 at 12:42 pm

Last month i managed to pull my first five figure paycheck ever!!! I’ve been working for this company online for 2 years now and i never been happier… They are paying me $95/per hour and the best thing is cause i am not that tech-savy, they only asked for basic understanding of internet and basic typing skill… It’s been an amazing experience working with them and i wanted to share this with you, because they are looking for new people to join their team now and i highly recommend to everyone to apply…

Visit following page for more information……>>> http://Www.onlinecareer1.com

6. Jennifer Allen

November 23, 2022 at 2:31 am

I get paid over 190$ per hour working from home with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over 10k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless. Heres what I’ve been doing..
    🙂 AND GOOD LUCK.:)

CLICK HERE====)> https://www.richsalaries.com

7. AndreaWooten

November 26, 2022 at 1:03 pm

Everyone can make money now a days very easily…dd…..I am a full time college student and just w0rking for 3 to 4 hrs a day. Everybody must try this home online job now by just use… This Following Website.—–>>> http://Www.OnlineCash1.com