Sarah Huckabee Sanders the former White House Press Secretary for President Donald Trump and daughter of former Governor Mike Huckabee was sworn in as Governor of Arkansas this week and was also sworn in to our hearts.
Dressed all in pink with soft curls and a big glowing smile, Huckabee Sanders evoked Valentine and it may only be January but that is exactly what she is. We heart Sarah.
Huckabee Sanders is the first woman to ever be governor in the state of Arkansas and she did so as a bold, brave, and firm conservative. The same day she was sworn in, she signed seven executive orders which might as well be love letters.
Here are the seven orders:
- Hiring Freeze – no government officials can be hired or promoted until Huckabee Sanders has her team in place and ready to vet the applicants (there were some exceptions like first responders)
- Regulatory review – all new proposed rules and regulations must be reviewed and approved by the Governor herself before adopted or submitted to the legislature
- Reduce bureaucracy – The Governor’s office will review all former executive orders to identify if there is any waste, duplicity or burdensome orders that can be repealed.
- Unemployment claim review – the Department of Commerce will review unemployment claims and pay special attention to signs of fraud such as multiple requests from one IP address
- Prohibition of critical race theory – a main focus of Huckabee Sanders inaugural address, Sanders directs the Department of Education to review curriculum to ensure it is void of racist and inequitable indoctrination such as critical race theory
- Banning TikTok on state devices – TikTok will not be allowed on state devices
- No more Latinx – Removing the offensive and ridiculous “gender neutral” term “latinx” from any Arkansas government document
If only we were all so lucky to have a Governor like Sarah Huckabee Sanders.